Desk work can really take a toll on your body, especially if you aren’t positioned correctly. Here’s a list of things to be mindful of:
- Top of the screen on your computer monitor should be at eye level.
- Computer monitor should be an outstretched arms length away.
- Sit close enough to the desk so that your ear is stacked over your shoulder, spine and hip.
- Sit all the way back in your chair.
- Chair is positioned so that elbows are at a90° bend.
- Feet are flaton the ground.
- Keyboard, mouse etc. are close enough that using them doesn’t compromise any of the above suggestions.
- Shift your body, even slightly, often as you work (roll your shoulders, stretch your neck, wiggle your hips around) to wake up your nervous system.